Her father, a Russian soldier, died shortly after World War II and she was raised by her mother. Her family had little financial resources and her mother struggled to take care of them.
From 1967 to 1973 she studied at the Jānis Rozentāls Art High School, where she received college-level education. From 1975 to 1981 she studied at the Art Academy of Latvia, in the department of painting. From 1984 to 1987 she attended the USSR Academy of Arts for her postgraduate studies. She studied with Western school academics such as marine painter Eduards Kalnins (Eduard Kalnins). Palchuk studied the European academic school of painting. In 2003 she received an MA in Fine Art and Painting.
Her artistic productions are influenced by the Italian Renaissance (14th–16th century), the Northern Renaissance (15th–16th century) and the French Illuminated Manuscripts (15th century). She is a member of the Latvian Art Union. She teaches painting, drawing and composition and her students work in many countries. Palchuk regularly participates in exhibitions, including ten solo exhibitions and numerous group exhibitions. Her paintings are housed in both public and private collections.
- 2019. NY Art News article-https://www.ny-artnews.com/single-post/2019/12/03/An-interview-with-20th-century-born-artist-Tatyana-Palchuk
- 2019. 01.12. Work -Mozart- sold in Ravenel International Art Group Autumn Auction
- 2019. 01.-12. Exposed in Alessandro Berni Gallery – New York – USA
- 2019. 03. New Series “Rainbow” Solo Show in Homeland – Iecava Culture Hall
- 2019. 05. Venice International Biennale , Group Exhibition, – Prize – Womans Art Award
- 2019. 05. International Group Prewiew Exhibition –Fong-Yi Art Gallery Taichung , Taiwan
- 2019. 05. International Group Prewiew Exhibition –Kaohsiung,J.P. Art Center , Taiwan
- 2019. 05. International Group Prewiew Exhibition –Grand Hyatt H.K. , Wanchai , China
- 2019. 05. International Group Prewiew Exhibition –Mariot Taipei , Taipei , Taiwan
- 2019.01.06. Work “Hunting Summer” sold in Ravanel International Auction House
- 2019. Ministry of Culture Latvia –https://www.km.gov.lv/lv/kultura/visi-jaunumi/tatjana-palcuka-rikane-sanem-waa-woman-art-award-balvu-un-piedalisies-58-venecijas-biennale-3427
- 2019. First 2019.Solo Show – http://www.iecava.lv/lv/zinas/kultura/25226-pirms-venecijas-biennales-gleznu-varaviksne-uzmirdz-majas
- Contemporary Art Curator magazine – http://www.contemporaryartcurator.com/tatyana-palchuk/
- Contemporary Art Curator magazine – http://www.contemporaryartcuratormagazine.com/home-2/interview-with-tatyana-palchuk
- “About Art Magazine” Issue N3/4 2016. -N1 2017. MAMAG Modern Art Museum , Gallery Gmbh , Austria.
- ART International Contemporary Magazine -Issue N3 May/June 2017, EA Editore, Italy
- ART International Contemporary Magazine -Issue N3 May/June 2017, EA Editore, Italy
- Art Cataloque – Francisco Goya International Award – EA Editore -April 2017.-Palermo
- International Prize Christoforo Colombo “Art Explorer”. Italy 18.feb.2017
- Costanza Foundation Italy “Knight of Art” Award and Medal. 28.feb. 2017.
- Francisco Goya International Award Spain-Italy 6. may 2017.
- Academia Italia in Arte Nel Mondo , “Diego Velasquez International Art Award ” July.2017..
- “The Best 2014 Modern and Contemporary Artists” Italy, EA Editore, Palermo 03.2014.
- Italy- ”Over Art” N3, EA Editore, June 2014.
- TVNet,Latvia, December 2013
- “Europ, ART”, Geneve, N6, 30.04. 1997. Swiss.
- Pogodin V.S., art researcher “The River of Time in its Course” (“ Река времен в своем стремлении”)// Magazin “Woman’s World” (“Мир женщины”), Moskow, Russia, 1995, Nr. 1, 22.-24.
- Hajenko S.I., art researcher, “The Unity of the Opposites” (“ Единство противоположнотей”)// Magazine ”Galerija”, Riga, Latvija, 1997, Nr.2
- IvĜevs A., poet, journalist, “The Beauty wi ll save the World” (“Красота спасет мир”)//Newspaper “Bal ti jasavize”, Riga, Latvi ja, 26.05.95. , Nr . 21
- Ozerskaja I., writer, “The Painting Forever” (“Картина навсегда”) // magazine “Steeple” (“Шпиль”), Riga, Latvia, 2000, Nr. 2/3
- Rizova C.M. journalist, Magazine “Love” (“Люблю”), Riga, Latvia, 2000, Nr. 2(3)
- Savisko M. Hunting// Magazine “Plus Ar t” (“Māksla plus”), Rīga, Latvia, 2000, Nr . 2
- 2014 Article by Aina Ušča
- New York Art News 2019.12.- https://www.ny-artnews.com/single-post/2019/12/03/An-interview-with-20th-century-born-artist-Tatyana-Palchuk
- LSM Russian – https://rus.lsm.lv/statja/kultura/kultura/hudozhnica-zhivuschaja-v-latvii-no-uzhe-pjat-let-rabotayuschaja-tolko-na-zapade-i-yugo-vostoke-kultura1kb.a335856/
- Ministry of Culture Latvia –https://www.km.gov.lv/lv/kultura/visi-jaunumi/tatjana-palcuka-rikane-sanem-waa-woman-art-award-balvu-un-piedalisies-58-venecijas-biennale-3427
- 2019.First Solo Show – http://www.iecava.lv/lv/zinas/kultura/25226-pirms-venecijas-biennales-gleznu-varaviksne-uzmirdz-majas
- Two Catalogs from 2 Solo Shows -Antwerp -2017 and London 2018.- Ludwig Trossaert Gallery. – https://www.visiononart.com/kopie-van-bib-nollet-sylvie
- My Artist Diary – StudioByblos- Italy – https://issuu.com/studiobyblos/docs/palchuk_tatyana
- ACS Art Mag Chicago- Pages 289 – 303 – https://www.acs-mag.com/acs-magazine-mar-june-2018
- The Solo Show Cat. Belgium 2017 – https://en.calameo.com/read/000062612c1d8e7b048bc
- The Baltics Today – http://www.balticsww.com/post/exhibition-of-tatyana-palchuk-hymn-to-creativity-at-rietumu-gallery/
- French institute Denmark – http://www.institutfrancais.dk/fr/copenhague/agenda/scene-musique/premiere-session-dart-europeen-fr
- Circle-arts – https://circle-arts.com/tatyana-palchuk/
- Press – Rietumu Bank – https://www.rietumu.com/press?OpenDocument&nid=192310DB65F41E2EC22580BC00536EA1&sub=
- Visiononart – Ludwig Trossaert – https://www.visiononart.com/tatyana-palchuk
- Circle quarterly falls issuu Magazine – https://issuu.com/circlefoundationforthearts/docs/circlequarterlyartreview-bycfapress
- Contemporary Art Curator Directory – http://www.contemporaryartcurator.com/tatyana-palchuk/
- Contemporary Art Curator Magazine (jan.8.2018.)publication-http://www.contemporaryartcuratormagazine.com/home-2/interview-with-tatyana-palchuk
- Broadcasting Radio4 about T.Palchuk – http://lr4.lsm.lv/lv/raksts/aleksandr-studija/tatjana-palchuk-rikane-mne-nuzhen-talantliviy-zritel.a101927/
Tanyas paintings are intelectual and humanistic, with no transfers or other masters quote. It is rather a mental association or philosophical resemblance to the thoughts and spirit, which is the great masters works.
From the 20 th century Masters can be found kinship with early Picaso, Miro, Salvatore Dali surrealist perspective .
Everything that we see in her works, is a spiritual process. This is the emotional experience what she see , and on this basic , causes those visual and philosophical associations. Paintings so You can watch over and over again, not get tired of it, but each time reveals something new.
Their influence not only the great old masters works, but also a places , that she visits and getting to know their trips. For example, a great love for Tuscany and Italy at all. Norwegian nature makes her to survive the beautiful moments. Musical impression she may even cry. Subsequently, after she released her humanitarian and spiritual saturated paintings. Result , it is the a great work of soul .
The world is a unit , and the people are part of this world. (Erasmus of Rotterdam, and it also says Aristotle). In the Northern Renaissance paintings , appeared nature and “people generally”, animals, landscape.
Now the old masters who inspired Tatyana.
Italian pre renaissance
Simone Martini ( 1285-1344)Sienese School
Ambrogio Lorenzetti (1290-1348) Sieneze School
Pietro Lorenzetti (1280-1348) Sieneze School,worked in Assisi too
Duccio di Buoninsegna (1255- 1319)
Andrea da Firenze (1325-1379) Firenze
Altichiero da Zevio (1330- 1390) Veronese School ,Verona ,PaduaMasolino da Panicale (1400-1447)Florentine School,Firenze
Masaccio (1401-1429) Florentine School ,Firenze
Giotto di Bondone (1266-1337) Florentine School
Jean Fouqet (1420-1480) French painter and illuminator ,the first master of French renaissance
Limbourg Brothers( 1370-80 – 1416) three Netherlandish brothers ,the moust famous of late Gothic Illuminators
Tanya favorite quotes :
„ Not what man knows but what man feels , concerns art.
All else is science”
Bernard Berenson (1865-1959) American art critic when life is considered the largest in the US authority on Italian renaissance painting.
„ To create , you must be able to respond . Creativity – the ability to react to everything that happens arround „
Clarissa Pinkola Estes , „Women Who Run with the Wolves” , „ Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype „
„ The gilding [ of the illumination], the brightness of its colour are not a result of a „ medieval naivety” but they are the means of creation of another world „
Andre Malraux (1901-1976 ) French writer ,cultural studies
„ Nature all of You , everything about,in You and everything to You „
Emperor and philosopher Marcus Aurelius
Tatyanas art heavily influenced by Early Northern Renaissance (obo 15.century), most outstanding representatives. Tatyana says, “Intimacy, chamber style artworks , high level of detail, materialism of objects . The wonderful landscape, animal portraiture, depicting the real life from humanist positions, a real sense of the world and all unity life on earth. These works radiate love. Everything , what I say above, I find in these works of great masters, and it is very close to my soul and perception of the world. ”
Robert Campin (1375-1444) Flemish master
Jan Van Eyck (1395-1441) Flemish painter
Rogier Van Der Weyden (1400- 1464) Flemish painter
Hugo Van Der Goes (1440-1482) Flemish painter
Hans Memling (1440-1494)Flemish painter
„ Desire beautiful life is considered a sign especially peculiar Renaissance. Art serves life , and life – serves art , like never before”
Johan Huizinga (1872-1945)Dutch philosopher , one of the founders of modern cultural history.
His work „The Autumn of the Middle Ages” Great show the forms of life and art in Netherland and Burgundy 14.-15.centuries.
Tatyana says , „ For me , some of the interesting books below „
Bertran Russel „ History of Western Philosophy”
Stendhal (1783-1842) French writer „ History of Painting Italy”
„Art must be associated with feeling, not with system , but in fine art needs a soul ,even to convey the most indifferent things”
Her is short Tatyanas “fondling” list.
From Renassaince to todays.
Donatello, and Masaccio for artistic commissions as sparking the creativity of the Renaissance.The famous early Renaissance fresco cycle Allegory of Good and Bad Government in Siena by Ambrogio Lorenzetti (painted 1338–1340) and Masolino da Pannicale ,whose strong message is about the virtues of fairness, justice, republicanism and good administration. Florence’s leading artists, including Leonardo da Vinci, Sandro Botticelli, and Michelangelo Buonarroti.
The works, of Hugo van der Goes and Jan van Eyck having particular influence on the development of painting in Italy, both technically with the introduction of oil paint and canvas, and stylistically in terms of naturalism in representation.
The work of Pieter Brueghel, the Elder would inspire artists to depict themes of everyday life.Holbein,Memling.
The Renaissance as it occurred in Northern Europe has been termed the “Northern Renaissance”.Northern Renaissance artists remained focused on religious subjects, such as the contemporary religious upheaval portrayed by Albrecht Dürer. Later on, the works of Pieter Bruegel influenced artists to paint scenes of daily life rather than religious or classical themes. Flemish brothers Hubert and Jan van Eyck perfected the oil painting technique, which enabled artists to produce strong colors on a hard surface .
Last period of arts,Vincent van Gogh, Toulouse-Lautrec, Gauguin and other late 19th century innovators, Pablo Picasso made his first cubist paintings based on Cézanne’s ideas.Édouard Manet, J. M. W. Turner, Eugène Delacroix,Edgar Degas, Édouard Manet, Claude Monet, Camille Pissarro, Alfred Sisley,Wassily Kandinsky,Marc Chagall,Henri Matisse,Gustav Klutsis, Salvador Dalí, Max Ernst, René Magritte, André Masson, Joan Miró